Returns & Cancellations
Cancelling an Order
- The customer can cancel any order or items from an order as long as the goods have not been dispatched.
- The customer won't be able to cancel any bespoke or special-order goods after 24 hours of placing an order. All special-order goods will be highlighted on the product pages.
- The customer must notify us in writing with the intention of cancelling an order as soon as possible by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the goods have been dispatched – even though not delivered – then this will have to be treated as returning an order process.
Returning an Order
- If you wish to return any goods, please ensure that you request this within 14 days of receiving the goods. Please e-mail us as soon as possible to email@example.com with any return requests. We require to approve the return before you ship anything back to us.
- Any goods that are to be returned, must be in 100% resalable condition and in their original undamaged packaging. If your goods are attempted to be delivered with damaged packaging these shall be rejected by our stores team.
- Goods that have been fitted or have attempted to be installed cannot be returned. If on inspection there are any signs of the goods having attempted to be fitted, the return shall be rejected.
- All goods being returned must have the manufacturers boxes protected and re-packaged in outer protection, this remains the responsibility of the purchaser, do not leave this to your courier. Please do not write or fix any labels including the courier labels to the manufacturer’s boxes, these must be applied to the outer protection. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- On occasions our specialist bathroom distribution partners may deliver loose goods as supplied by a manufacturer, this is common with sanitary ware, however, if you wish to return these goods, you must package these goods up, and make safe for onward journey by a courier, please follow the instruction as above.
- Please note that only clear tape should be used, no brown packing tape, gas or gaffer tape to be used on the manufactures packaged goods.
- Please ensure you have included all parts and instructions within the package before returning.
- If your return does not comply with the above instructions, this may be rejected by our stores team and returned to sender.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to arrange return delivery, you shall be advised of the returns address once your request for a return has been accepted. When booking a courier please request for proof of delivery on returned goods. Any costs associated with the return are the responsibility of the purchaser. Please note we do not arrange collections or returns, and do not supply return labels. Purchasers must ensure that the returned goods reach us in the original resalable condition within 14 days of the return being accepted.
- We strongly advise that you take out full insurance to protect yourself against damage or loss for the cost of the goods you are returning.
- If our stores team find that your goods are damaged during the attempted delivery by the courier of your choice, they shall reject the delivery and advise to return to sender.
- In some cases, certain items are non-returnable. Please refer to our full terms and conditions for a list of non-returnable products.
- It is important to remember that the goods you are wishing to return are your goods that you have purchased. Until they arrive safe with us in perfect condition, they are the purchaser’s responsibility. Please take care and follow the above guidelines for a safe return.
- Refunds for returned goods can take up to 14 business days to be processed.
- All refunds can take up to 14 days and you will be e-mailed once the refund has been processed to your original payment method.
Unfortunately, from time to time one of our products doesn't quite make it there in perfect condition. The reasons do vary from manufacturing faults to it receiving a little bump in the van on the way to you. Whatever has happened, we are on hand to help you out.
To make reporting damages we need you take these steps:
- All goods received, must be checked in a reasonable amount of time and we request that this is carried out within 48 hours of delivery.
- In the event of transit damage we will require this to be reported to us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org along with images if the damage within the requested timescale.
- If the outer packaging has signs of damage, please thoroughly check the goods inside straight away top make sure that they are still ok.
- Once you have reported the damage please allow time for our team to respond and contact you about the next steps.
- All goods carry their own manufacturer's warranty which can vary in timescale – during this timescale if the product experiences a fault then please notify us in writing as soon as possible to email@example.com.
On your email please include:
- What the fault is.
- Any pictures or videos or the fault.
- Please note that faulty products are treated separately to damages products.
- All goods in your possession from BathroomPlanet.com are your responsibility until they are back with us.
- All items being returned, despite their condition are requested to be adequately packaged to avoid further damage.
- Any packaging defaced by pens or tape may have an effect on your refund.
Made to Order/Special Order Items
- Items deemed to be Made to Order/Special Order on the website are clearly marked on the product pages.
- Once an order has been accepted for a Made to Order/Special Order item then the item cannot be cancelled or returned after 24 hours.
- If you have any queries on this – please ask a member of the sales team prior to purchase.
- All timescales quoted for Special Order products are on a guideline basis only as the item isn't coming directly from us. We will, however, advise you on the lead time if there is any change in date due to manufacturer delays or even getting it sooner than expected.
What is the difference between a damaged product and a faulty one?
When it comes to resolving this type of issue the first step is to work out if your product is damaged or faulty. This difference will help you work out what the next step is to take.
Damaged products are products that has been broken on the way to you. Examples of this include cracks, chips or scratches that have been caused whilst getting the product to you. This will typically be very clear on visual inspection of your order which must be carried out within 48 hours of receiving your goods.
Faulty products are slightly different as this will be a manufacturing defect such as drawers stop running, valves stop working, doors stop sliding, material finish starts peeling. The process of dealing with this does differ from the damages one – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to deal with your fault.