These tile backer boards from Wedi offers an ingenious solution for waterproofing your bathroom. The waterproof aspect of these boards is 100% guaranteed by Wedi. Even if damaged these boards are still functional and maintaining their structural integrity. The use cases for these boards are limited only by your imagination. Applications include waterproofing floors, walls, creating new structures in your bathroom.
Wedi Board Materials
These boards have a blue core that is made from CFC-free extruded polystyrene rigid foam. The foam has been reinforced by glass fiber with an alkali-resistant finish on both sides which is then coated with a polymer-modified cement.
Wedi Board Size Options
They come in 8 thicknesses ranging from 4mm all the way to 50mm. The 4 and 6mm options come in either 1250 and 2500mm long however the other thicknesses are only available in 2500mm lengths. To give you an indication of how these would be used.
- 4mm, 6mm, 10mm - Insulated flooring (an excellent alternative to plywood)
- 12.5mm - Wall Coverings (matches plasterboard's width)
- 20mm, 30mm, 40mm, 50mm - Creating structures
Wedi Board Benefits
Wedi boards offer some excellent benefits that go way beyond being a solution for waterproofing your bathroom. Here are some of the main benefits that they offer.
- Heat insulation - Excellent heat insulation properties taking a bit of pressure from your radiator!
- Quick to install - Can reduce application time by up to 50%!
- Lightweight - No heavy lifting required here!
- High stability - Their resistance to weight can not be overstated. Just watch the video at the bottom of the page!
- Protection against mould and fungi - Extra peace of mind!
- Perfect base for tiles or plaster - A nice clean canvas for your new bathroom.
- Cut to the size you need - Oddly shaped bathroom? No problem. Just make the boards the size you need to get the job done.
There is in depth technical information available for all of Wedi's offering.
Delivery charges are for all UK Mainland Postcodes.
People in remote areas shall not be penalised with additional charges, however delivery time scales may take longer.;
For the Scottish Islands please contact us for a delivery quote.
|LARGE PARCEL||£36.00 - £40.00 (individually priced)|
The delivery time for your order is usually between 3 - 7 days for all stock items.
Examples of item Sizes:;
Wall hung frames
Please note that large deliveries shall be palletised and managed by our specially selected pallet delivery partners.
The Goods will be delivered to the kerbside as close as possible to your front door. The driver is NOT insured to take the goods inside your property so it is strongly recommended that at least 2 able bodied persons are available to receive the delivery and carry the goods inside.
All orders will only be charged one delivery charge at the highest rate applicable to the items within the basket.